Link to Application:
CITY OF HOOPESTON ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER POSITION AVAILABLE:
THE CITY OF HOOPESTON IS SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR THE POSITION OF PART-TIME ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be comfortable handling aggressive animals
- Must be willing to attend required training at cities expense
- Must be willing to be employed on an on-call basis
Candidates will be required to enforce State, County and City codes, ordinances, and laws governing animal treatment, care and control , animal identification, recognition of illness, habits and behavior of various animals and the techniques and equipment used in capturing, restraining, receiving, feeding, caring for, grooming and releasing domestic and wild animals.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Capture both domestic and wild animals; may require chasing, climbing fences and crawling under houses, etc.
- Inspect animal facilities to ensure animals have adequate food and water and have sanitary and appropriate living conditions.
- Issue citations, warnings, and/or legal notices
Applications available at the link above or City Hall and the Police Department, 301 W Main St. For questions call: 217-283-5833
POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION:
To apply for a police officer position with the Hoopeston Police Department, please download the required forms below: Police Application, Police Officer Power Test, Information Release, and Information Release Page. Email all forms to email@example.com. Questions, please call: 217-283-5196