Link to Application:
WATER/SEWER DEPARTMENT POSITION:
The City of Hoopeston is accepting applications for a full-time water department employee.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Class B CDL with airbrake endorsement or ability to obtain one
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
Punctuality and attendance is important for this position. There is opportunity for advancement with the proper training and certification
PLEASE USE THE LINK ABOVE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
CHIEF OF POLICE POSITION:
The City of Hoopeston is seeking candidates to fill the position of Chief of Police. Hoopeston is a community of 4,915 residents located at the junction of Illinois highways 1 and 9, approximately 100 miles south of Chicago. For more information about Hoopeston, visit our website at www.cityofhoopeston.com.
The City currently has 8 full time officers and is in the process of hiring 1 to 2 more full time officers.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 10 plus years of experience in municipal law enforcement
- Ability to lead, coach, and train staff in a focused and effective manner
- Community oriented and able to maintain positive relationships with residents, schools, and the business community
- A degree in criminal justice or related field is desired
- Equivalent training or experience will be considered
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills are essential
The City of Hoopeston is an EOE, offering a comprehensive wage and benefit package with a starting salary range of $65,000 to $70,000
Candidates may submit a confidential reply to the City of Hoopeston; Administration Office – 301 W Main St. Hoopeston, IL 60942 or reply online to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions must include resume and cover letter – DO NOT use the application link above to apply for this position. Resume’s must be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the administration office, 301 W. Main St.
First review of candidates will occur by Friday, June 17th, 2022
POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION:
The Department will be accepting applications for the position until 10 AM Saturday, May 21st, 2022. Written testing will begin at 10 AM on 5/21/22 at the Hoopeston Area High School, 615 E Orange St. Written test will be first and physical agility test will be taken immediately after.
To apply for a police officer position with the Hoopeston Police Department, please download the required forms below: Police Application, Police Officer Power Test, Information Release, and Information Release Page. Email all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, please call: 217-283-5196